• Announcements

• NeilZar

Second server   17/06/17

The second server is currently not available for missions, we will be using it the next 2 weeks for testing of mods.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Digby Tatham-Warter

I'm designing a campaign...

What type of campaign are people up for playing?   103 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a Scenario below.

• Your classic State vrs State warfare scenario i.e. Country A invades Country B.
    • A SvS warfare scenario that transitions into insurgency warfare. i.e Afghanistan, Iraq
    • An entirely Police Action oriented campaign i.e. Vietnam or Cambodia
    • An Insurgency against larger odds i.e. Scenario 2 from the Insurgent's point of view.
    • Another non specified scenario (post below)
  2. 2. What Platoon Structure would you like?

• Our Zues Structure.
    • Armoured Infantry
    • Airborne (Parachute) Infantry
    • Heliborne Infantry
    • Mot. Infantry
    • Marine Expd. Force.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

What type of campaign are people up for playing? I'm kicking around a few ideas but want to gauge the mood of the community before I put one together. So, you now get to vote.

I have no idea when it's going to be up as obviously our great and powerful CMs will have to test the missions, but obs calander posts will be made etc.

So let me know.

Edited by Digby Tatham-Warter

Your request has been answered. I accept cookies as a reward.

Looking at the possible war starting in the FNG thread. We could do all countries VS Canada on the grounds they are hording bacon and maple syrup all to themselves

I'll let the results build and then I'll make a decision :D

Posted (edited)

Having suicide bombers and firing RPG's at convoys, instead of getting shot at with RPG's and suicide bombed... Sounds pretty rad, if I'm honest. :D The fourth option sounds like it might be just that, fighting against a superior force as insurgents.

Edited by Lagman John

Seems Good to be a small insurgency and like john said its fun firing rpgs

I should start banning everyone who misspells "Zeus".

27 minutes ago, Rorkiy said:

Can we not just make zues it's easier to spell. :P

Cant. Make. Decision. 

Like. Them. All.

I have cast my vote and now the Digby shall go to work.

Payment shall be in cheers and beers. 

And some rage as I am going to assume it'll be a lot of unexpected explosions and A+ voice acting.

2 hours ago, Rorkiy said:

I sincerely approve of this.

Posted (edited)

I would like a Air Mobile forces Campaign. Choppers are kewl. They go wush wush and some go brt brt.

Everything else is secondary.

Edited by RSoldat

Picked the airborne/parachute stuff. Why? Because ziplining. Also it seems quite interesting to me to drop into a not necessarily safe zone where we need to regroup and start from. I'm not quite sure however. Never made a scenario myself so I'm curious about what input other people will give.

I like the idea of being insurgents, sometimes it's just fun to be the bad guys and throw the Geneva convention out the window. I voted for motorised infantry, if we were going to differ from the normal Zeus template because imo it would be pretty sweet running around as insurgents in technicals and GAZ's allowing us to be more mobile and 'guerrilla' tactics-wise. 

can you inlcued  a beach landing mission with boats, parror troopers ectra

54 minutes ago, ghostsquid said:

can you inlcued  a beach landing mission with boats, parror troopers ectra

I'm sure this has been done before, I recall it from somewhere, cant put my finger on it though

On 21-3-2017 at 19:56, Sausage said:

I'm sure this has been done before, I recall it from somewhere, cant put my finger on it though

@Hekhal did a D-DAY type mission with a beach landing 1/2 two weeks back.

I really like the idea of a guerilla style campaign, but with either Heli Insertion or as a amphibious landing force. Something along the lines of the WW2 Merrill's Marauders.

On 3/22/2017 at 16:54, Life010 said:

@Hekhal did a D-DAY type mission with a beach landing 1/2 two weeks back.

Hekhal did a "stick us in the sand and blow us all up with artillery, respawn us, and do it again" mission.

16 minutes ago, ZentharTheMagician said:

Hekhal did a "stick us in the sand and blow us all up with artillery, respawn us, and do it again" mission.

Haha that's true!

One thing I would like to see in the campaign fighting against guerrilla units. I just love how to like guerrilla units use tactics like suicide bombs, hit and runs, stuff like that. One documentary that I think is just fantastic is Operation Barras by the SAS. I think something like that would almost be amazing. 

A type of Insurgents(us) vs State(AI/could be PVP too)  where we are severly underpowered and the AI has the modern weapons. The defence of a town could be based on simply trying to kill the enemy and salvage their weapons to be able to defend it. Decisions whether to blow up the enemy MRAP or APC or risk and try to salvage it for future attacks on the city is something I've had in mind for a while but have been too busy to make. A lot of decisionmaking will be involved in whether we want to risk and salvage some supplies off enemies or blow them mile high.

Posted (edited)

Counter insurgency with high civilian presence scenarios (I.E Irak, Afghanistan, Mali) would be marvelous especially in Vietnam (wink wink). Moreover, I think that MEF-like scenarios and common around our shores, so why not.

Edited by Frenchie