Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spartacus

17/7/2017

19 posts in this topic

Mission Feedback.
Remember to tag the people you want to directly adress (eg. your SL/2iC, Zeus)

Zeus: 

Platoon: 

Squad:

Mission 2 un Siege of jadotville

Zeus: Lukaz

Platoon: 

Squad: @ChaosShadoWolfe @Timberhawk
Apologise for leaving lads. 

I rage quite due to lukaz being a smart arse telling me how the mission is hypothetical and choosing the most retarded load-out for this mission, you chose a mission based on a historical conflict, do your research before selecting camo and weapons. Irish DPM was not worn in the 60's, we never used l1a1 lars, m60s aint a thing in the irish army.
While the mission is hypothetical its like playing a ww2 game with m4's because of americans.

Also when you disconnect after debrief saying yeah post in the aar is just pure arrogance and ignorance.
 10/10 would not join a mission with you as zeus

Posted (edited)

2nd  Proper Mission Echo "LAT"

Zeus: @Lukas- Main Zeus @andyt90
Was a damn hectic mission, with all the large amounts of EI spawned, even that one technical that pretty much wiped us out but I'm not going to forgive you for spawning that grenade on me and Cobra.

Platoon: @Rezonath
Considering the fact that everyone but command roles had no forms of communication other than local, I have no idea about this. Even then so, it was a pretty intense single town defense mission, that when agreed to just hold the town, we pretty much managed to hold them off for the most part

Squad: @MrVantage - SL @ToffRocket - 2iC @ChrisHiss - Medic @FORNOGOODREASON1 - AR @warhound - AAR @C-O-B-R-A - LAT @cirabarnet4 - Rifleman
I like to think that we had the best set up, even if we got wiped a couple of times. We built the most fortified area's that Zeus had to take dirty measures, like running a technical straight at us, and even spawning a grenade on us because of our lovely trench wall. Great call outs of both what and where, and also when it was down.

Edited by ShawnStone
I can't spell Zues

So, briefly overlooking the first two missions...

Mission 3!!! The Attack on The Airport of Russians! xD

Charlie Squad Leader

Zeuses: I swear my memory gets worse day by day, once more, I have forgotten who they were xD 

Even though I can't remember who it was, you did a good job as zeus, and it was a nice idea with the helicopters and radar stations. Despite seeing not much action with Charlie, only clearing out 3 barracks of pistol or unarmed men, I can see how it makes sense given the mission parameters (midnight, stealth mission, enemy asleep), so all in all a decent mission, but not one my absolute favourites.

Platoon Lead: @Urist McGLORY

Again, another job well done, you did well to co-ordinate the squads and helicopters along with the other members of the platoon. However, I would have personally allowed Charlie to continue to their second objective as it was not too far away, and we ended up waiting at the base for Bravo / PROPHET. Yet, I digress, a good job overall as Platoon Leader! :) 

Charlie Squad: @C-O-B-R-A (Me, SL), @Havoc (2IC), @Leafwater (Medic), @SGT_Eliminated (AR), @Gomez919 (Ass. AR), @Dominik (Rifleman), @RSoldat (Rifleman + LAT)

A fantastic squad to have lead, I only hope I did a great job! I'm sorry we saw limited action and had to pull out early, unfortunately that was out of my control, and we can't exactly go AWOL xD @Havoc you did a great job as my 2IC and organising the squad whilst I was at briefing, I don't think we'll forget the increasing anger levels of "Platoon, this is Charlie", 3 GODDAMN TIMES! xD @Leafwater I've served in squads with you a few times now, you are a fantastic medic, from what I can recall from previous experience, and I was very lucky to have you with us, even if you didn't get to do much healing until I injured myself with my own grenade launcher! xD @Gomez919 good job as Ass. AR, hopefully will be able to play with you in a squad again soon! :) @RSoldat let me start of by saying congrats on taking out that MRAP that came up the road, it was the best fireworks show I've seen all night! :D Quite possibly saved our asses, big time! :) 

Since I could not find SGT_Eliminated or Dominik, I didn't bother writing anything as they're most likely not active on the forum, if they are though, just want to say you're both really cool guys, and Dominik I hope we helped you out since you're a virgin to FK, and hope to see you two around soon! :) 

So I'll just finish by saying thank you for giving me the chance to lead Charlie, and I can only hope I did a good job! Fingers crossed I'll be able to server with you guys in squads in the future, you're all a great bunch of lads! :D 

48 minutes ago, Shafty/mowag said:

Mission 2 un Siege of jadotville

Zeus: Lukaz

Platoon: 

Squad: @ChaosShadoWolfe @Timberhawk
Apologise for leaving lads. 

I rage quite due to lukaz being a smart arse telling me how the mission is hypothetical and choosing the most retarded load-out for this mission, you chose a mission based on a historical conflict, do your research before selecting camo and weapons. Irish DPM was not worn in the 60's, we never used l1a1 lars, m60s aint a thing in the irish army.
While the mission is hypothetical its like playing a ww2 game with m4's because of americans.

Also when you disconnect after debrief saying yeah post in the aar is just pure arrogance and ignorance.
 10/10 would not join a mission with you as zeus

First off, I would like to apologize to you as well Shafty but seeing as we were all there to just have fun, I felt like I just had to try and calm you down and get you to play along. I know your heritage is important to you(Ya bloody scotsmen are all the same(jkjk)) but for the sake of the game, I tried to get you to play along.

Secondly, @Lukas(There, now your arse is tagged as well), there are a few things that you need to lay the fuck off. I've been both in your squad once(And GOD was I happy when the EI capped your ass!), I've now been in a mission that seems to have been created by you and I gotta say; GET THAT FUCKING STICK OUT OF YOUR ASS!!! I'm not gonna bring up your behaviour while I was in your squad(I made an AAR on that after all) but christ... was that a clusterfuck of a mission. I don't easily agree with someone but I'm gonna second Shafty here for you not doing your research. Calling something "Hypothetical" is all fine and dandy, but if you wanna re-enact something, do it properly. If you wanted to do hypothetical, you should've said "This is a military exercise that puts the battle of Jadotville and see if we would do better now." THAT is hypothetical and would allow you to use Irish DMP, it would also force you to use AUGs these days but ehh, you'd probably find more people to support you there.

Secondly, let me be really nit-picky and say this; "If I see anyone deviating ever so slightly from my pastebin, I'm going to smite you and everyone in your squad."(You said around you, but that was basically the same thing), this sounds like one hell of a power-abuse if I ever heard one in a main mission. Not only do you IMMEDIATELY become the target of everyone that already doesn't like you(which is already a few people that know you. I've been one that literally said "Just follow the pastebin because Lukas has a stick up his arse and can't be bothered removing it." and I'm sure I'm not alone there), you make a lot more people feel like you're being either overly sensitive or just an idiot with a stick up his arse. You are not above anyone, either we are all equal or we are all above you. It's that simple.

Now onto the thing that REALLY pissed me off; "If you have complaints or any feedback, there's the feedback thread" and then buggered off. First off; you probably already knew what feedback you were going to get. Man the fuck up, take the critique and accept it as is instead of running like a little bitch-baby saying "there's a thread". Ironically, you can very easily either pretend for your own ego's sake that nothing came your way, or you can ignore the whole thing entirely.

I'm derailing into a rather negative rant so I'm going to close up on this; Second mission was absolute rubbish and I'm sure I'm not alone with this opinion. You literally spawned half a platoon on Charlie for having a strategically sound overwatch position, ironically after either Andy or Lukas complained about the amount of trenches we had(While a little further away, Echo had twice the amount) and subsequently wiped Charlie with these guys. I even suspect additional spawns after we wiped our arses with the first EIs BEHIND me and Timber, I have no proof and I won't be blatantly accusing people of this. If its true, dick move. If not, my apologies.

In summary; I'm going to opt out of mission with Lukas as Zeus. I'm going to opt out of squads in which Lukas is SL. Rubbish mission with rubbish rules and ridiculous restrictions. DON'T EVER DO THIS AGAIN UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING!

2nd mission (first mission was a server crash meme)

Zeus: @Lukas

Platoon has set a great plan for the mission, seemed like it would work just we got shat on by the enemy. I ate a mortar shell to my face while trying to get a medic for platoon but the rest was fine tbh - maybe a few problems with the zuesing but shit happens.

Squad: SL/Platoon: @Rezonath 2ic: me Medic: @Zoteri_Andrew  RTO: @Chuck Yeager

great platton squad just was not sure why chuck left us...

a little funny clip from the start of the mission

*MOD EDIT* Videos in video thread please

Posted (edited)

Mission 2:

Zeus: @Lukas If you wan't to contribute to the missions by starting to Zeus, nobody is stopping you, but keep the mildly annoying arrogance such as "I will smite everyone who makes a small mistake" to yourself. I'm not the only one who thinks like that, but I guess it's a great way to make friends? Be a competent, mature Zeus, or piss off, as you set a lot of people off by sitting on your high horse. :)

@Tobe and Nirwana: Tobe, I'm glad you did your best with the situation, as we had a loader who knew 0,0 about mortar. To the loader: If you don't even know to bring a rangetable, you are of more use to me when I strap a chemlight to your ass and send you off to find enemies. So please, if you want to do any asset as FNG and there is a chance to; please do, I encourage you to take those chances and have fun. But atleast have SOME experience or knowledge of the role you're trying to take. There is no shame in letting us know you don't know anything, but let us know during gearing up so we can give you the essential info or change the mission plan so there is room for some teaching, instead of only telling us when we are actually sending out fire missions.

@jonathan

57 minutes ago, Jonathan Dagan said:

great platton squad just was not sure why chuck left us...

I was in mission the entire time, but the mortar team was not operational due to the reasons given above. I did call out twice when the mortar was finally up, as I remember Urist calling in grids. But soon after, we got shot by enemies who were able to peek over our compound walls.

Edited by Chuck Yeager

Posted (edited)

Second mission: Bravo Rifleman (LAT)

Zeus: @Lukas

Love the mission idea, only wish it was executed a bit better.

Nice simple plan, to bad it all kinda fell apart towards the end.

Squad: Lead @Tomo 2ic @GingerRocker Medic @Gditz AR @ZentharTheMagician AAR @Kingorrik Rifleman(LAT) @sumsum Rifleman @NeilZar 

(this time I took a screenshot to remember all the names :D ) .

First of all squad did a great job, AR team bravely held the forward bunker through the whole mission, rest of us did not get to do much because ai never got close enough to pose any serious threat, mortars were nice addition and raised tension a bit. @Tomo managed to be the only one who died after a mortar landed few feet from our position. Towards the end of the mission we got so bored we started jumping off roofs so at least our medic would have something to do.

After the mission I watched the movie and it was excellent, I know it's hard to do the exact same thing in arma but I think it could be done better than it was. 

Maybe if there was a bit more ai in larger waves or some explosive that we would detonate if they got to close. Nevertheless I really enjoy this history/movie reenactments and hope that we could do more of them in the future.   

Edited by Lexic

2 hours ago, ShawnStone said:

I'm not going to forgive you for spawning that grenade on me and Cobra.

For one i am pretty sure you cannot spawn live grenades on people as zeus but ive never tried

1 hour ago, Lexic said:

@Tomo managed to be the only one who died after a mortar landed few feet from our position.

xDxDxD

2 hours ago, Chefla said:

Are you guys just pissed at lucas for 'MMERSION and him enforcing a pastebin (and being a bit of a dick regarding said pastebin)? Or was there an actual problem with the mission, other than that one part where allegedly he spawned half a platoon on an overwatch position?

Repeatedly calling someone to have a stick up their arse, generally isn't just immersion as an issue nor actual zeusing(Unless you call a zeus dropping a half a platoon sized squad of EI on your arse because "You're not supposed to set up here" bad zeusing).

Also would be nice to know: did you first bitch and oman about your immersion to zeus to which he replied to with "if you dont have the items from the pastebin i will smite you and people close by" or was that what he said straight out of the gate.

It went like this; *Pastebin got dropped* "Anyone that deviates..." we know the rest. The bitching happened afterwards because it was a ridiculous load-out. It also happens that Lukas stated that "he wanted to re-enact a battle"... this doesn't count as immersion but more as mission parameter to have the correct gear for the re-enactment. Shafty mainly complained about Immersion though, as he dropped without leaving spawn.

like you just have a problem with the fella.

I do have an issue with this fella, I honestly do and I'm not alone. When I was in his squad, his orders were so ridiculous and absolute bullshit(not to mention, nobody complied to it so there was no leverage over his squad) that I actually cheered when he ate a bullet(in-game) and Timber had to take over.

forcing a pastebin to be bad zeusing

There is a difference between forcing a pastebin and bad zeusing. I agree on that, however what I think the main issue is, the way it was ACTUALLY enforced. I understand wanting something specific, and a pastebin is a good way of doing so, but opening from the gates with "If you deviate" is just a sign of assuming the worst of people. If people deviate, just talk to them personally instead of issuing a threat to everyone present. There was also an account of two late-comers(@C-O-B-R-A and @WO1 J.Franc) complaining over group chat in-game that Zeus was smiting the ground next to them and basically being an absolute cunt. Moments later, they sent a message saying that "The other Zeus is being very kind and helpful. He'll TP us to you" and moments later the Zeus(Andy I think) did just that.

Chefla, I'm generally not one to complain about Immersion. I'm perfectly fine with things and I generally just bow my head when it comes to equipment for the sake of having fun.

Tl;dr: My main complaint in the debriefing response I made, clearly stated that the Zeus' attitude was completely off and hostile towards the rest of the players. If you look close at the other reports, most of the people that partook in the second mission 

7 hours ago, Lexic said:

Love the mission idea, only wish it was executed a bit better.

8 hours ago, Chuck Yeager said:

Zeus: @Lukas If you wan't to contribute to the missions by starting to Zeus, nobody is stopping you, but keep the mildly annoying arrogance such as "I will smite everyone who makes a small mistake" to yourself. I'm not the only one who thinks like that, but I guess it's a great way to make friends? Be a competent, mature Zeus, or piss off, as you set a lot of people off by sitting on your high horse. :)

9 hours ago, Jonathan Dagan said:

I ate a mortar shell to my face while trying to get a medic for platoon but the rest was fine tbh - maybe a few problems with the zuesing but shit happens.

9 hours ago, C-O-B-R-A said:

So, briefly overlooking the first two missions..

And yes, I'm gonna quote myself because this really annoyed me;

9 hours ago, ChaosShadoWolfe said:

Now onto the thing that REALLY pissed me off; "If you have complaints or any feedback, there's the feedback thread" and then buggered off. First off; you probably already knew what feedback you were going to get. Man the fuck up, take the critique and accept it as is instead of running like a little bitch-baby saying "there's a thread".

So to be quite frank, nobody seems to have any issue with the actual mission and save for Shafty, nobody had sever problems with 'Mersion. Most of the complaints are about Lukas' stick so you might wanna call him out on that instead.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Chefla said:

i was not in the mission, just wondering since all that you really stated above to be wrong with the mission was you crying over 'mmersion and lukas enforcing a pastebin he had made. 

I'm not criticizing your input because you weren't in the mission, @Chefla, but if you have no other words than crying/moaning/bitching like little kids, it comes across as you trying to taunt people for an unknown reason instead of actually contributing something constructive. :)

Edited by Chuck Yeager

10 hours ago, andyt90 said:

For one i am pretty sure you cannot spawn live grenades on people as zeus but ive never tried

I'm pretty sure we can rule out friendly fire, as I don't think we were allowed to take grenades, and the EI were something like 200m away. I was talking to Cobra (I think, though, it is now possible I have him confused for someone else who was actually in my squad) and then all of a sudden explosion and fragmentation, killing us both.

The sound of the explosion was that of a grenade, not a mortar, also @cirabarnet4 was in a technical gun and did not die, despite me being literally below him.

That's a whole lot of coincidence that just seems too out of the realm of being possible by any other means than forcing it to happen.

@ChaosShadoWolfe Aight mate, seems i got the wrong idea from your post, asked mostly just out of curiosity on what actually happened. So tldr of the mission: lucas had a shitty attitude, the mission/zeusing itself was fine except for that one insident you mentioned.

i just based my comment on your posts, as an outsider it just looked like you were ganging up on a fella due to a personal opinnion for making a small mistake (yea, fucked over 1 squad) and not being an immersive zeus (which isnt really required). Which would've been uncalled for. Not my job to intervene on those so nevermind

@Chuck Yeager  seemed like that was the case from what i read, thats why i asked for clarification, which i did get. Its not cool to just bash on a fella.

But it seems i am not allowed to comment on mission debfriefs i wasnt in so i'll refrain from doing so in the future. Was just curious.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, ShawnStone said:

I'm pretty sure we can rule out friendly fire, as I don't think we were allowed to take grenades, and the EI were something like 200m away. I was talking to Cobra (I think, though, it is now possible I have him confused for someone else who was actually in my squad) and then all of a sudden explosion and fragmentation, killing us both.

The sound of the explosion was that of a grenade, not a mortar, also @cirabarnet4 was in a technical gun and did not die, despite me being literally below him.

That's a whole lot of coincidence that just seems too out of the realm of being possible by any other means than forcing it to happen.

Im pretty sure grenades were fine to take and im almost positive you cannot spawn a live grenade on the ground ready to explode as for how something exploded i do not know can you be 100% sure someone didnt throw a grenade accidently at the enemy and died with it in hand? Not trying to fight you or anything btw just trying to clear things up that if a zeus wants you dead theres plenty of ways to do spawning a cooking grenade on you im pretty sure is impossible 

Edited by andyt90

Posted (edited)

Mission 2 - "siege of Jadotville" Echo 2ic

Zeus - @Lukas @andyt90 - loved the mission basis, good scenario to play through. I see some people didn't like the camo or something but you made it what you wanted in your scenario so fair play. The short range only thing made it intersting, had to resist the urge to call to squad members over it. Didn't have much to do at first at your position, until a techie rolled in and gunned down 6 members of the squad, proving my point that we needed to space out, so cheers for that.

Platoon - @Rezonath - everything seemed clear over the radios and the plan made sense, maybe spread us a little thing.

Squad- IC- @MrVantage - Good job considering how new you are, just need to make sure you don't let the squad bunch up, and try to say alpha, bravo, charlie etc instead of reading the letters like the alphabet, gotta think of my immersion here.

Medic- @ChrisHiss - Didnt feel like you had much to do, as people seemed to die outright but you set up a good triage point in defilade behind the hill we were defending.

AR team - @FORNOGOODREASON1 and @Warhound - Did well working together, just need to control your fire a bit as you burned through ammo at targets well over 700 metres away in cover.

Riflemen-  @ShawnStone @Ahanus Turon @C-O-B-R-A @cirabarnet4 Good bunch who listened well when the IC died, @Ahanus Turon and @cirabarnet4 were the only other survivors of the technical charging our position. @ShawnStone i do honestly think that someone mistakenly threw a grenade, whether they thought they had smoke out or just misclicked, as as far as i know i know as zeus you cant spawn in individual grenades. 

Edited by ToffRocket
missed tag

@andyt90 @ToffRocket
I guess I wrongly came to the conclusion it was Zeus who did it then. IT was just a bit coincidental then with how many of us died in such a short time, and the presence grenade just seemed weird as I thought we weren't allowed them.

Then again, I think @Lukas didn't want us taking entrenching tools as well, but to me, the are just part of my standard loadout so much that I always take one with me, even if I rarely use it.

@ShawnStone @ToffRocket

In the first entrenched position from what I saw, the  technical gunned the squad down. Second position, I had no eyes on the immediate surroundings, thus no clue.