Spartacus

15/7/2017

22 posts in this topic

Mission Feedback.
Remember to tag the people you want to directly adress (eg. your SL/2iC, Zeus)

Zeus: 

Platoon: 

Squad:

Off hour mission: Night mission, Alpha medic 

Zeus: @BlueNexus 

Superb zeusing and good decision to move the general to the second compound, it would take way too long to clear the third town.

Squad leader / Platoon: @Fred

Did good most of the time, except when he ran straight into two enemies after several people said they were there and almost died :) .

First really good stealth night mission I have played in a long time, ofc we did not succeed to stay stealthy to the end but it only made mission more dynamic.

Had a blast hope to do it again soon.

2 hours ago, Lexic said:

Off hour mission: Night mission, Alpha medic 

Zeus: @BlueNexus 

Superb zeusing and good decision to move the general to the second compound, it would take way too long to clear the third town.

Squad leader / Platoon: @Fred

Did good most of the time, except when he ran straight into two enemies after several people said they were there and almost died :) .

First really good stealth night mission I have played in a long time, ofc we did not succeed to stay stealthy to the end but it only made mission more dynamic.

Had a blast hope to do it again soon.

Glad you liked it! I learned a bit from it, and fred running into two EI was hilarious.

Posted (edited)

Squad: @Christian @Cosmo @Argon @King Mikey @MrVantage @Tomlolo @C-O-B-R-A

"Btw there is an IED in the road. There is an IED in the road. Christian there is an IED in the road. CHRISTIAN THERE IS AN IED ON THE ROAD"

7UhRHrt.jpg

"Argon don't go there. Don't try to defuse the IED. You're the medic Argon get back. DON'T DO IT ARGON. Alright, fine, do it."

Fdhn9Gr.jpg

Edited by Tomlolo
I KNEW I FORGOT TO TAG SOMEONE

Posted (edited)

Mission 1 - Charlie 2IC

Zeus: I don't know who it was but this was actually a good mission. Having 2 different platoons worked out well here and having them split between British and American was a nice touch.

PL: @Sanddude - I think the BAF did a good job with our objectives, communication on the net was not as autistic as it usually is so well done for that. 

SL: @Timberhawk - Good job, you kept us alive the entire mission. Not one person died and our only 'losses' were from disconnects at the end. 

Squad: @Zoteri_Andrew, @Gandalf gamy leg, @Milly (?), @yan1k (?), @FireDad

Everyone did a great job during this mission. Conduct was stellar and Charlie seemed to be the 'only' squad that wasn't out of control. 

I do have one point in general I'd like to mention: When a squad asks for EOD services that means defusing the explosives not shooting them. If we just wanted to shoot the explosive we can do that ourselves. Be aware that buildings next to explosives will be damaged/destroyed and any civilians/objectives within go too. 

Edit: I now know it was @Tomo and @cineafx as zeus.

Edited by Ewido

Main Mission 1, Foxtrot LAT

Zues: @Tomo @cineafx

As far as I'm concerned, did pretty good til the slideshow at the end

PL: @V1rU5 @Hekhal
Even though it was quite slow, still got most of the things done, though @V1rU5 dced so @Hekhal had to come in and save our poor American asses.

SL: @ZentharTheMagician
When is being a squad with you not good? Never! But yea, things were slow but I'm gonna blame that on platoon.

Squad: @samchaddy00@thesecretgames @Rouge and Medic (sorry can't remember names well)
Think we did pretty good, didn't have that much casualities, even though we wasted like 5-6 LAT's on one BTR

First mission, Delta (first US squad) machinegunner.

Zeus: @Tomo ignore complaints about mission length, that was totally fine. Maybe some corpse cleanup would have been in order at the end though. The split into two normal-sized platoons is something we should do more often, and joint ops are a decent M'IMMERSION way to explain why we don't have a company commander.

SL: @Moogle you may have respawned with the shitty shortrange that only has 2km. Whatever the cause, we couldn't understand you at all when you were calling us back (?) from the dash towards our last overwatch position.

2iC: @Maverick decent job leading our tiny squad.

Regarding the frame issues at the end, Cineafx deduced it was the large amount of enemy armour all cooking off at once causing problems.  With a Challenger and an A10 I wanted there to be a lot for them to shoot at together.  Then with the impromptu LAT resupply you guys got and EVERYONE taking launchers for some reason, I decided to up the armour amount even more.  This was a mistake in hindsight, but I didn't have time to yell at all the idiots who shouldn't have grabbed LAT so decided to punish them.  

Will keep an eye on armour numbers in future, normally they're a more stable thing to use as they're not as numerous as EI, but cookoff is clearly a bitch.

Posted (edited)

Main Mission 2, Charlie Squadlead

Zues: @Hekhal
Pretty damn good mission, was nice and neat til the end when things went crazy, especially with that tank at the end.

PL: @C-O-B-R-A I believe
Did pretty good with keeping us together despite Alpha with half their team disconnecting. We managed to succeed in finding Raptor and extracting them.

Squad: @HavoK@FireDad@samchaddy00@Leafwater @Cosmo@LONEWOLFGAMER6@Crillekarl@Vizel
All that needs to be said is CHARLIE SQUAD, BEST SQUAD! I think we only had one casualty which unfortunately was @Crillekarl, and @LONEWOLFGAMER6 had to go, but other than that, we went through pretty smoothly. Will also give a big tip to @Leafwater for being medic as you had to heal a lot of Bravo, despite not being used to medic that much (And who also threw 2 grenades during briefing). Good on you guys for following and giving good feedback/suggestions. While Life and I may have abandoned the rest of you at the end with the extract, I think you would understand, but from what I was hearing, you all managed to hold your own.

Edited by ShawnStone
Fixing names

Posted (edited)

Second Main Mission, Platoon Leader.

Zeus: @Hekhal and @Jacob_Waltz

Fantastic mission, I know a lot of people agree, it was something fresh and really did provide fun for a lot of the players, as well as an interesting Saving Private Ryan esque extraction/ending! :D 

Platoon: @C-O-B-R-A (me) and @Silberjojo

I just wanted to thank @Silberjojofor the guidance and help this mission, it was my first time as Platoon Leader and he did great at assisting me as my 2IC throughout the mission, and hopefully I did a good job (please give any feedback/advice), and the squad leaders did a great job of handling their objectives and working together when another squad needed assistance! :) 

I apologise to those who feel that the respawn wave was a little late, Silberjojo and myself debated it and decided to hold on the respawn as we were not sure as to how much more intel we would need to find Raptor, and whether or not we would need a respawn wave for when we moved in to extract Raptor, so again, I'm sorry to those who think the respawn wave was late.

Finally, I would like to say thank you for the opportunity to have been Platoon Leader, and I hope I get the chance to be so again! :) 

Edited by C-O-B-R-A

Posted (edited)

Second mission

Zeus: @Hekhal Jacob Waltz

I loved this mission! I died after clearing quite a large part of the first town and then was dead for some time.

But that clearing of the first town was amazing. Clearing a town, getting a few kills and having great frames is great fun.

Respawned, drove around a bit and had an amazing assault on the compound.

During extract, I was able to pickup a single guy who was left behind as I had some space in the Hmmwv left.

The end was amazing! Great mission.

Because the respawn wave took some time (nobodys fault ... just how platoon wanted to play it), alpha lost 5 people who disconnected because they didn't like waiting for a bit. Some more people did and therefore the platoon was down 2 medics. So Charlie medic (lifewarner?) had quite a lot of stuff todo. Cheers to you for patching me up 3 or so times! :D

10 minutes ago, C-O-B-R-A said:

I apologise to those who feel that the respawn wave was a little late, Silberjojo and myself debated it and decided to hold on the respawn as we were not sure as to how much more intel we would need to find Raptor, and whether or not we would need a respawn wave for when we moved in to extract Raptor, so again, I'm sorry to those who think the respawn wave was late.

At first I though, you just didn't realize that you had respawn waves. But after you explained in the debrief why you didn't call it in earlier, your decision makes a lot more sense.

Edited by cineafx
Added some more stuff

1 hour ago, C-O-B-R-A said:

Second Main Mission, Platoon Leader.

Zeus: @Hekhal and @Jacob_Waltz

Fantastic mission, I know a lot of people agree, it was something fresh and really did provide fun for a lot of the players, as well as an interesting Saving Private Ryan esque extraction/ending! :D 

Platoon: @C-O-B-R-A (me) and @Silberjojo

I just wanted to thank @Silberjojofor the guidance and help this mission, it was my first time as Platoon Leader and he did great at assisting me as my 2IC throughout the mission, and hopefully I did a good job (please give any feedback/advice), and the squad leaders did a great job of handling their objectives and working together when another squad needed assistance! :) 

Finally, I would like to say thank you for the opportunity to have been Platoon Leader, and I hope I get the chance to be so again! :) 

I understand why you made the call, even before you told us post mission but there were two respawns, and as alpha SL it still  doesn't change my thoughts on my actions of disconnecting. I wanted 35-40 minutes before disconnect, because I'd rather play a game then sit and watch people play it.

1 hour ago, ShawnStone said:

Main Mission 2, Charlie Squadlead

Zues: @Hekhal
Pretty damn good mission, was nice and neat til the end when things went crazy, especially with that tank at the end.

PL: @C-O-B-R-A I believe
Did pretty good with keeping us together despite Alpha with half their team disconnecting. We managed to succeed in finding Raptor and extracting them.

Squad: @HavoK@FireDad@samchaddy00@lifewarner, @Cosmo@LONEWOLFGAMER6@Crillekarl@Vizel
All that needs to be said is CHARLIE SQUAD, BEST SQUAD! I think we only had one casualty which unfortunately was @Crillekarl, and @LONEWOLFGAMER6 had to go, but other than that, we went through pretty smoothly. Will also give a big tip to Lifewarner for being medic as you had to heal a lot of Bravo, despite not being used to medic that much (And who also threw 2 grenades during briefing). Good on you guys for following and giving good feedback/suggestions. While Life and I may have abandoned the rest of you at the end with the extract, I think you would understand, but from what I was hearing, you all managed to hold your own.

What an amazing mission! Great Job Hekhal! Shawn Great squad leading and great job Charlie squad. @Havoc you and I were a great team moving into that village before the last assault and again as we were ambushed in the initial assault but we pulled through and wasted them by mowing them down with the 50 cal and me running them over!

Im amazed we survived so long!

Second Mission

Zeus: @Hekhal

Platoon: @C-O-B-R-A, @Silberjojo

Was good but we really needed that respawn tho in the end we were a 4 men squad.

SL: @Shafty/mowag, Medic @Krieg, AR @Spooks, AAR @Doctadoone, Blueteam: @cineafx, fixlumer and Eric

Unkucky squadwipe through BTR and Rockets not hitting the BTR but hitting me and killing @Krieg. Ragequit killed the Squad but applause for @Spooks and @Doctadoone, the true RAPTOR rescuers.

3 hours ago, Zoteri_Andrew said:

@Krieg. Ragequit killed the Squad

I mean I sat there waiting to get respawn for about 40 mins wouldn't really call that a rage quit

Posted (edited)

Mission 1: Drive to target markers and assist with the clearing of hostiles from several towns, find and kill an HVT before assaulting the airfield and completing the mission.

Zeus:  @Tomo

Platoon: No idea but did not like having to join British Comms because American had to go. Before that it was a solid mission with solid command.

Squad: @ChaplainNirwana SL - @mekboy_4000 2ic - @TEG Medic - @SpanishBirdman AR - @Spooks AAR (Me) - @Dinjari @Joelsan @Krieg LAT

I actually wanted to play the Brits on this Op for apparent reason but Nirwana's squad was lacking in members. I can't say I made the right choice or not as my view of British Platoon is skewed by the fact that they were hamstrung by American Platoon having to bail but it was a really solid mission with good objectives, top class memes via Medic trying to defuse an IED with his face and quality heroics after a really bad CAS strike call by the US Squad Leads. We had an Enemy MBT covering the approach and for some reason Delta, I believe, called in an A10 CAS Bomb Drop on a small enemy compound with 4 buildings and light resistance. At which point they then missed 3 M136 HEAT rounds trying to hit said MBT at +500m leaving yours truly to dig one out of the vic to shit on that tank commanders day. *applause*

We lost a few early on including the 2ic who got a lesson in not taking your pistol to the window of an armed Humvee with an opfor driver inside and our LAT team who got wiped out 20 seconds before by said humvee driving up the rear of our overwatch and spraying them down. I did take over 2ic position and tried to support Nirwana as much as possible by just listening over the radio for him and he did a pretty solid job of Squad Leading. He did succumb to the lag at the end and managed to die somehow while driving which left me in charge but to be honest by that point it was mission complete and everyone was crying about the state of the lag.

It was a really well done mission and something I'd really like to do again. Well played Tomo and the Zeus crew. If I had one complaint it was that slideshow at the end that crashed half the server out of the game.

Mission 2: Move to target markers and find Intel relating to the position of the downed Raptor pilots before rescuing them.

This one's a doozy so hang on tight.

Zeus @Hekhal 

Raptor Survivors: @Trinoc @Vipershell

Platoon: @C-O-B-R-A  @Silberjojo

Squad: @Shafty/mowag SL - @Zoteri_Andrew 2ic - @Krieg Medic - @Spooks AR (Me) - @Doctadoone AAR (Battle Buddy) - @Fixlumer @Eric @cineafx LAT

I am absolutely going to toot the horn of a few squadmates here. Particularly that of Myself and @Doctadoone but I'll get to that in a minute. I'd also like to extend an apology to @cineafx for almost immediately killing him in an incident in a town that just was not getting cleared with hostiles all over us and a BTR pinning us down. I was also upset at literally over half the squad leaving the game but I can't blame you guys given that Platoon did not call in a reinforcement wave for about 40-50 minutes after you died.

To put things bluntly, after arriving at the first objective Alpha went from the full list of squad members above to 4 (my bad Cineafx). I will also point out that Docta, Cine and I were the only ones to actively clear the town correctly while Shafty was basically beside himself trying to organise our numerous FNG's and then got killed nigh on instantly. That being said, even after I killed Cine by accident, I still believe Alpha performed at next to full efficiency with thanks to Docta's guidance and my big gun and scavenged launchers.

Shafty got killed in an unknown fashion, Fixlumer killed himself and the medic with a misfired rocket while trying to take out the BTR that pinned us down and I mistook Cine for a hostile after turning around to the direction of the bullets whizzing past my head and into the wall behind me and destroyed him. After grabbing Cine's launcher and destroying the BTR that had us pinned myself and Docta continued to clear the remaining buildings and link up with our 2ic. After trying to coax him out of his hole reassuring him the town was finally clear and the BTR destroyed he got word to Platoon and we were quickly off to our next objective. On arrival we marked our targets and mowed down as many as we could find. We moved down the hill with Platoon taking our place on Overwatch and immediately ran into another BTR. Docta made his best effort to disable it with the .50 cal while we got out of our vics and took cover behind. I pulled an M136 HEDP out of the trunk and blasted it to shit and attended to Docta's now very critical condition with Zoteri.

We were informed of a triage station in the town up ahead which we were assured was clear so we headed over to get Docta patched up by Bravo's medic. A short while after we came under attack and Bravo lost 3 at the Triage point. Docta and I moved North of the town and linked up with Charlie to eliminate the remaining opfor in the town. Docta and I engaged a number of contacts inside the tunnels leading to the backyards and pushed through killing 3 to 4 hostiles. Unfortunately @Cosmo moved around the other way and walked into 4 rounds from my M249, breaking his legs and arms. Not My Finest Moment 2: The Electric Boogaloo.

After confirming the town was clear we were moved out again, this time being informed that we had gathered enough intel to secure Raptors location on the map. Docta and I mounted up before we asked what the prize for first place was before putting the boot down and rallying into the distance to gain all that Alpha glory. Unbeknownst to us there were enemies in a nearby town which we were to engage and destroy when in reality I pushed through while Docta laid down suppressing fire. By the time the call came in to clear that town we were already cresting the hill to Raptors position. It was absolutely infested with Opfor and boy did they want us dead. I must've ran over a squad and a half and I've no idea how many Docta destroyed on the .50 but my god it was glorious. Docta eventually was rendered unconscious and an RPG fired into our rear sealed the deal for him and knocked out my vehicle about 50 metres from Raptors building.

Hopping out and laying down fire as I ran to the cover of the building I called out their names. "Raptor you fuckers where are you?!" "We're upstairs!". I hurried up the stairs gunning down 3 on the way. "Please saviour, give us your bandages for we are dying!" @Trinoc cried. "Fear not my sons for I will aid you" I placed my right hand upon his bare cheek and my left on upon his head. "HE'S HEALED! HE'S HEALED! THE MESSIAH HAS COME!" did @Vipershell rejoice, and through belt and box I dispensed merciless justice to the heathens that dare lay their hands upon my children, soaking RPG after RPG to the face without so much as a scratch. Then it arrived, upon a tide of blood. The Ark to which I led them two by two, spraying down any who should step into my path. My mortal form near impenetrable to all but one. The silver bullet that should take my life. Caught cleanly in the heart. Down I went, "alas! The Messiah is blocking the stairs and I can't get out!" @Vipershellshrieked. At this point my fantasy was interrupted by @Silberjojo who yelled "just fucking jump over him you spastic hurry up".

Eventually he picked me up only to leave me on the cold, hard floor, wet with the blood of my foes. Through the abyss of eternal night I struggled to see, Raptor fleeing into the creeping black. A dim reflection of what seemed like my father appearing through the silky void with a hand extended. "I've got him hurry up get in" "GET IN THE CAR" "holy fuck a tank THATS A TA-"

And this is where my tale ends, only mildly fabricated at the end. I really enjoyed myself during this mission, I didn't feel hampered by the lack of men in the squad at all, I felt like we had a sufficient enough grasp of the situation. I still would've preferred to have the squad with us in full. I think it probably affected @Zoteri_Andrew a lot more than us because he seemed a certain degree of nervous throughout the entire mission but he held it together reasonably well. Overall a great mission. I'm also only a little bit sorry for that wall of text. <3

Edited by Spooks

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Spooks said:

*Essay*

MOD EDIT AGAIN

NO
MEMES
HERE

Edited by Sarissa
Removing shitposting in the feedback thread

5 hours ago, Spooks said:

At this point my fantasy was interrupted by @Silberjojo who yelled "just fucking jump over him you spastic hurry up".

Credit is due for that post and that one line has me Laughing hard

6 hours ago, Doctadoone said:

stuff

If you're gonna complain about a post having a lot of words, don't quote the entire fucking post

Be smart.

1 minute ago, Sarissa said:

If you're gonna complain about a post having a lot of words, don't quote the entire fucking post

Be smart.

I wasn't complaining? I'll edit the post regardless. 

8 hours ago, Spooks said:

"just fucking jump over him you spastic hurry up"

Can confirm, this is accurate. 

I must have killed about 30 enemies in my HUMMVW, just driving around at the location, bascially waiting for Reinforcements. I was trying to get help to you, but at this point there was only one medic alive and he had his hands full. 

I just heard someone in the back of my car yelling "VIP is in, VIP is in, GO GO GO". I jsut put the pedal to the metal and sadly had to leave you behind.

8 hours ago, Spooks said:

@Silberjojo who yelled "just fucking jump over him you spastic hurry up".

Can confirm that this sounds exactly like something Silber would say.