Veagance

You can bring medical supplies. Use them.

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have recently played medic alot, and it's by far my favourite role. Espechially when we have to use medivacs and stuffs. But one thing that annoys the death out of me is that people see that they get wounded, they call the medic, and then they continue shooting. So i have to run to them, sometimes in the open, and try to get them down so that i can treat them, but they refuse to stand still. this makes it very hard to treat them, as the medical menu doesn't allways show all wounds, so i have to inspect them with the windows key thingy as well. 

For those of you who haven't noticed, i obvivousely don't think this is the way to do it. this is:

Get behind cover, preferably close to your medic, apply torniquets to all wounded limbs, and bandage head and torso first. try to stop the bleedings. You have 4 bandages, 1 morphine, 1 ephirephine, and a torniquet. use them. if advanced medic is on, stay close to your medic in case your wounds re-open, and use common sence. the medic is one of the most valuable members of the squad, he (or she) can not risk it's life to save yours, if you are in the open with no cover whatsoever. and if you use your medical supplies, resupply at your medic. Im not saying you should do all the work, as it is the medics job to patch you up, but you can help, and you can possibly save your own life

Edited by Veagance

8 minutes ago, Veagance said:

, as the medical menu doesn't allways show all wounds

The medical menu SHOULD show all wounds you might have to click on the limbs to check.

If the player doesn't stop moving leave them, fuckers don't need medic.

10 minutes ago, Katla_Haddock said:

The medical menu SHOULD show all wounds you might have to click on the limbs to check.

If the player doesn't stop moving leave them, fuckers don't need medic.

Even when i click on the limbs it does not show, and they do need a medic, as their wounds are still bleeding, but if you were saying that i should not heal them then, i have been tempted, but i want to do my job properly

9 minutes ago, Veagance said:

Even when i click on the limbs it does not show, and they do need a medic, as their wounds are still bleeding, but if you were saying that i should not heal them then, i have been tempted, but i want to do my job properly

They always show up, it's just the limbs color may be almost white. If there is nothing on the right hand side, there is nothing. And if people stay in the open field and not go for some hard cover to get healed, they don't deserve to be healed as they bring you as the medic in danger. Your live is more important than theirs in that case.

The only wounds that don't get shown in the medical menue are broken limbs and serious headshots. You can easily see those though, because the uniform or face will be very bloody. 

10 minutes ago, Linnet said:

The only wounds that don't get shown in the medical menue are broken limbs and serious headshots. You can easily see those though, because the uniform or face will be very bloody. 

Then it must be a bug with my mod

1 minute ago, Veagance said:

Then it must be a bug with my mod

Unless you don't use the version supplied by the repo, or you have messed up the mods in the repo, it should be working. since nobody else is having this problem.

hm ill look into the issue

3 hours ago, NeilZar said:

Unless you don't use the version supplied by the repo, or you have messed up the mods in the repo, it should be working. since nobody else is having this problem.

I got the problem aswell sometimes it works sometimes not :(

Even if limbs show up as white and it's still saying that someone is bleeding double check all the limbs.

It can happen that you actually not go to limb you want, clickboxes can be weird, particularly with the head.

you can also be looking at yourself, sometimes the game gets confused their is a button near the top of the interface that allows to switch between yourself and the guy you are close too, IMO this is what is likely happening 

21 hours ago, Steadyhand08 said:

you can also be looking at yourself, sometimes the game gets confused their is a button near the top of the interface that allows to switch between yourself and the guy you are close too, IMO this is what is likely happening 

to add to that: You always see the name of the person you're treating in the top left corner of the interface, so you should double check.