Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LvL

Enhanced Movement

10 posts in this topic

I've just been wondering about the Enhanced Movement Mod

Are we allowed to install it ourselves? Should it be in the repo? Does it have any major flaws?

To me it looks like it adds far better movement to Arma, which is lacking in the vanilla game. However, it also looks like it makes you into spider-man, with the mod allowing you to climb up the side of buildings and other structures. What do y'all think of this mod?

Lets you abuse the AI by jumping onto a roof away from them, So don't use it.

So are we allowed to use it? I've seen some people using it on the server before.

6 minutes ago, LvL said:

So are we allowed to use it? I've seen some people using it on the server before.

People use it just don't abuse AI with it, don't really jump over compound walls either cause a zeus expects you to come in from a door not over.

1 hour ago, LvL said:

12 hours ago, Katla_Haddock said:

Lrn2read youngun.

If it is the case that it should not be allowed, I would like the rules to be updated to mention it.
I would be a bit silly to do this for every single mod, but seeing how a sizable amount of the community uses it, I feel it is relevant.

I genuinely don't see how it could ever be used as intended if using it to enter an area from any other place than the front door would constitute as misuse.

On 5/18/2017 at 17:52, Katla_Haddock said:

you forgot the javelin part 

Using it for the silly dances in spawn, but not abusing the AI with it, sounds like an issue of trust and maturity.

Like, I could drop my leatherman and my spade and bring two M72s (or even a full M136) in my backpack without anybody noticing until I heroically take out enemy armor while officially not having a launcher. Do I do that? Nah.

43 minutes ago, Blutze said:

Using it for the silly dances in spawn, but not abusing the AI with it, sounds like an issue of trust and maturity.

Like, I could drop my leatherman and my spade and bring two M72s (or even a full M136) in my backpack without anybody noticing until I heroically take out enemy armor while officially not having a launcher. Do I do that? Nah.

Are you referring to me taking out a BTR by jumping on it?

Did not witness anything of the sort. I guess it got ArmA'd, or the AI freaked out and ran into an obstacle (and got ArmA'd).