Its been nearly 3 months since this last update and a lot has changed since then. So here is a new breakdown.
What do we have:
First lets start with a breakdown of what we/I own, lets start with the easy stuff. There are currently 6 machines that are dedicated to FK activities, these are:
- A3sync/Repo #1 - €10,-/month (the first of the 2 repo servers)
- A3sync/Repo #2 - €10,-/month (the second repo server)
- ARMA #1 - €55,-/month (This one runs the headless clients)
- ARMA #2 - €55,-/month (The main arma server)
- ARMA #3 - €55,-/month (The test/second arma server)
Gamebox #1 - €85,-/month
- Currently hosts teamspeak, minecraft, wargame, farming sim, blackwave. This box has 64GB of ram and a 6 core cpu, in combination with virtualization it is highly flexible so I can swap games quickly depending on demand.
These are easy because these machines are dedicated to FK. The rest of our machines are hosted in combination with some of my other virtual machines, these are:
- Web server #1 - €10,-/month (The main website)
- Web server #2 - €5,-/month (Test site and gitlab runner, used for compiling missions/templates)
- Mail server - €5,-/month
These 3 servers are hosted on 2 dedicated machines I use for testing and some private stuff. Since they are shared I wanted a good way to share the costs between myself and the FK community.
Breakdown of the costs:
The 2 servers that I use to host from both have 8 cores, 32GB ram and several TB of storage. Each host costs €70,- making a total of 16 cores and 64GB ram for €140,-/month. I have decided to base the costs on the ram usage, ram is not shared between the different virtual machines so any ram used by FK machines is unavailable for my machines.
Dividing these makes a cost of €2,19/month per GB, I have rounded this up to €2,50/month (I too enjoy a beer for effort). With these costs now clear we can set a new goal on the donations page.
New upkeep goal:
With all these numbers the new monthly server cost will be set to €300,-/month. The new goal will be €350,-/month, this will allow us to build some extra cash to buy among others a teamspeak license.
Edited by Mavy